Self Study Courses
Please note that when you enroll in an IAAO self-study course, you take the course at your own pace and without instructor support. These courses are not AQB approved. Please check with your local jurisdiction for eligibility.
- You must cancel a course in writing and on the same day as the course purchase date. To cancel a course, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If IAAO receives a cancellation request after the date of purchase, the IAAO will not issue a refund.
- For the exam: A computer web camera with microphone is required. Please review complete requirements for ProctorFree, our online proctoring service, here.
- A calculator is required.
- Current version of Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari on a computer running Windows 7, 8, or 10 or Mac OS 10.11+ (El Capitan).
- If accessing the course using a mobile device, it must be a large-screen device such as an iPhone 6+ or iPad.
Workshop 411: Building a Healthy Workplace Culture
Workshop 411, Building a Healthy Workplace Culture, examines how each of us affects our work environment. Ideally, our workplace is one where we feel physically and psychologically safe to perform at our best. Workshop 411 identifies both situations that negatively impact a workplace, as well as positive strategies we can take to create the healthy work environment we all need. The workshop also covers federal and state statutes providing legal protection against harassment and discrimination. Finally, the workshop presents expectations for those affiliated with IAAO.
Workshop 171: IAAO Standards of Professional Practice and Ethics
This workshop reinforces the importance of promoting and maintaining public trust in the appraisal process by representing the highest standards of professional ethics. The goals of this workshop are that learners will practice ethical behavior in the performance of their day-to-day duties, recognize how the IAAO promotes ethical behavior within its membership, and consider the effect of ethical and unethical behavior on the profession.
Self Study 804: An Introduction to the Income Approach to Value
This self study course reviews the topics of principles influencing value, estimating net income, selecting the capitalization rate and technique, and annuity and sinking fund methods of capitalization.
Self Study 803: An Introduction to the Sales Comparison Approach to Value
This self study course reviews the topics of principles influencing value, the sales comparison model, methods of collecting data, neighborhood analysis, site and building analysis, and property valuation.
Self Study 802: An Introduction to the Cost Approach to Value
This self study course reviews the topics of principles influencing value, the cost approach to value, computing area and volume, costing methods, and depreciation.
Self Study 801: Site Analysis
This self study course reviews the topics of collecting data, principles influencing value, neighborhood analysis, site valuation, and commercial and residential site analysis.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|